Gzhel porcelain factory tableware
Gzhel porcelain manufacture history, the true wealth of the nation, is its culture: values, traditions, creativity, folk art. The first mention of Gzhel as a locality dates to the XIV century: it is found in the will of the Moscow knyaz Ivan Kalita in 1328. In the middle of the XVII century, during the reign of Alexey Mikhailovich Romanov, Gzhel became the exclusive supplier of Apothecary and alchemical vessels for the Apothecary’s order in Moscow. Nowadays Gzhel factory is one finest and largest tableware and decorative porcelain art manufacturers of Russia.